Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Journey of Tool #8

I know, I know... Before you get excited let me explain why we have jumped off the beaten path and skipped Tool #7. I realized that #7 would take quite a bit of time so we will come back to it at a later date (promise) so we can keep the momentum going! Plus Tool #8 is something I already use and know about! As a theatre teacher I use video clips often to show examples of good, and sometimes bad, work! It is also a way that I can show examples of productions and techniques that we don't have access to at school! One unit that I show video in is my puppetry unit. I like to show examples of different types of puppets from around the world. I have never used Hulu before, but I was able to find a clip from Sesame Street that I can use. I also found Sesame Street clips on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5lx_gsjm10. The next clip is about Shadow Puppets. It shows them in use as well as how they are made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-1j_PntB1g Both are useful as puppet examples, but I like that one uses actor's voices and the other only uses music. I also like the kids to come in with examples from sites that they can share with the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment